|News Series Movies Books Stars Forums||LOG INJOIN|
Original Air Date
Mulder and Scully travels to the Icy Cape in Alaska to investigate the deaths of scientists. Cast
No topics yet.
Add my review
"Ice" opens with a visually stunning sequence, which is one of the best opening sequences of the show. It is particularly violent and interesting. As usual, most episodes of the show are either pretty good or pretty bad, and you can see it right from the start. Either it works beautifully, either it fails miserably. Rarely episodes are in between. This is especially true here, knowing that "Ice" is between "Ghost in the Machine" and "Space", two of the worse episodes of the series.
FIRST SECLUDED EPISODE
Visually stunning, the episode embarks us on a journey in a secluded location, which is a new for the show. This will become a tradition in the show, with following episodes such as "Darkness Falls", "Firewalker", "Dod Kalm", "Agua Mala", "Roadrunners" (to an extent), "Vienen" and "John Doe" (also to an extent).
All characters are very well constructed and casted.
The atmosphere is brilliant, going so high as Mulder and Scully almost shooting each others and angry at each others for the very first time. David Duchovny, which usually gives low-key performances, delivers in "Ice" a great performance. He's never as good as when the stakes as high and that he is pissed.
A perfect classic. 10 out of 10.
- Mulder and Scully investigates far from Washington behing closed doors with perfect strangers (a selfish pilot, a gentle mac gyver scientist and a couple of doctors that know everything better than no one else)
- Their trust in each other is new but sincere, and as often Mulder is more confident than Scully
- I love the way the characters died one after the other like in an Agatha Christie's book! Who is the next? who can we trust?? When Scully enters her room and the surveillance mode my heart is beating fast!
- the special effetcs are not the best with the worms battle in the fridge but we forgive!
best scene: Scully and Mulder are about to shoot each other with their guns!
- the end when we learn that no evidence will belong because the site was destroyed.