|News Series Movies Books Stars Forums||LOG INJOIN|
Original Air Date
Mulder and Scully investigate the death of a man who killed himself after hearing some high-pitch sound in his head. Cast
- "Founder's Mutation" was supposed to be the fifth episode to air of the 10th season, but was aired as the second one.
Gupta: The truth
[touches Mulder's chest over his heart]
Gupta: is in here.
Fox Mulder: Yeah, I've heard something like that.
Fox Mulder: You're never "just" anything, to me, Scully.
Dana Scully: This is dangerous.
Fox Mulder: When has that ever stopped us before?
Fox Mulder: I blacked out after Goldman's eyes popped out of his sockets. Believe me, you can't unsee that.
No topics yet.
Add my review
It is exactly the opposite of "My Struggle":
- There is a real investigation, where the characters do not simply jump to crazy conclusions about men taking over America after hearing a witness for three minutes.
- The tone is dark.
- There is a real intriguing mystery.
- There are some cool camera effects and imagery.
- It has some disturbing scenes, which is typically x-filesish. For instance, the scene where the young girl is in the swimming pool and turning back with a smile is typically a scene that we could have seen in the first three beloved seasons of the show.
The story-arc of baby William in the latest episodes of The X-Files was the worst story-arc, along with the one on supersoldiers. We had to see two complete seasons based on the pregnancy and ultimately the mystery around baby William. This was a nightmare and it was impossible to close it.
Finally, in this episode, the story of William is paying off. Who would have thought?!
This episode is at times very moving. We can connect with both Mulder and Scully in the excellent dreamy sequences, which are so typical of X-Files.
The scenes with Mulder are particularly great, with him sharing his passion of the stars with his son, while watching the cult scene from "2001: A Space Odyssey" or from trying to fire a small rocket.
Mark Snow is again composing a very good score for this episode.
I give this episode 6 stars. A very good episode.